Members of the State Task Force Policy, Program and Finance Committee and Staff. Public is welcome to attend.
DATE & TIME
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Review minutes from April 5 meeting.
- Program areas for us to research and document best program practices that provide comprehensive services including:
- Best practice schools for youth 16-20
- Adult high school programs for 20-24 year olds and older
- GED or similar competency-based high school programs
- Programs combining education and work directly, like YouthBuild, apprenticeship programs, etc.
- Summer employment programs – linked to education
- Year-round employment programs – linked to education
- Internships (paid or unpaid) leading to employment
- Job preparation and linkage to private sector jobs with ongoing support and follow-up
- Housing Support
- Addiction Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Re-entry Programs
- Ensuring that programs have LGBTQIA+ sensitivity
- Programs for youth and young adults with disabilities
- Policies – Discussion of policies, locally in Illinois and other areas across the country; discussion for areas to research as it relates to best program practices in the areas listed above.
- Financing for best practice programming – Discussion for areas to research. What are various ways being used through government level financing to fund these programs?